Featured Events Pages (Like the Rave, Concerts, etc)!
LIVE, ONSTAGE, IN FULL 3D!
Kami-Con’s Authorized Fan Made Vocaloid Concert (Phew! That’s a mouthful!) is brought to you by Synthesized Reality Productions, bringing your favorite Vocaloid characters to life in fully rendered 3D onstage!
For safety reasons, we must require that you wear closed-toe shoes to the Vocaloid Concert.
Hailing from Japan, Kazha is a rock band which incorporates heavy metal and acoustic elements, combining “the softness of a falling feather with the heaviness of a hurricane”.
Since their release of their first album “Overture”, they’ve been touring North America, Korea, Japan, and South America, spreading their music all over the world. Kazha released their second studio album “Evolution” on September 7th, 2013, and their newest album on October 2nd, 2018.
They’ll be performing live onstage in a full hour-long concert for you guys, so be sure to check them out!
COME PARTY IT UP WITH DJ NASH!
The Kami-Con Rave returns with our very own DJ Nash who’s here to make sure you dance ’til you drop, but not actually because that’s very dangerous! ^_^
Speaking of dangerous, to prevent any issues that might result in harm to our attendees or the cancellation of the Rave, please review the following guidelines for the Rave!
KAMI-CON RAVE GUIDELINES
You must be 16 years of age or older to enter the Rave. You must have some form of photo ID with birthdate to get inside.
- No Bags, No Bottles, No Coats:
The Rave will not allow any bags, water bottles, or coats that can hide alcohol or other substances into the room.
For safety reasons, we must require that you wear close-toed shoes to the Rave.
For the safety of our congoers, fresh water bottles will be freely available at the Rave.
Adherence to these rules will provide a safer, more enjoyable experience for attendees. Thank you!
WE’LL SEE YOU THERE!
KAMI-CON SEASON 11: READY PLAYER CON
Last year at Kami-Con, you helped Shio & Kosho trap Shoyu on the gaming planet Vidya.
With his forces defeated, he’s trying to build up a new fighting force with the powerful gaming heroes of this world!
But he can’t do that if YOU get to them first!
There will be several Event Challenges at the con. Battle for the loyalty of the planet’s inhabitants! The final fate of the con will take place on the battlefield… The SUPER SMASH BROS. battlefield!
It’s Shio & Kosho vs Shoyu. For every challenge you win, Shio & Kosho get another fighter on their team! For every challenge you lose, Shoyu gains one.
Who’s up for grabs? You’ll be competing for…
RYU (STREET FIGHTER)
What’s a dodgeball if not just a rubber Hadouken? Compete in this dodgeball game for the fate of Ryu’s loyalty! If Shio & Kosho’s side wins, he fights for them. If Shoyu’s side wins, he’s on Shoyu’s team for the final battle.
PRINCESS PEACH (SUPER MARIO)
PROTECT THE CONGIRLS
She’s not afraid to throw down! Even if she does need protecting from time to time. That’s where you come in! Protect the congirls while attacking Shoyu and Peach! If Shio & Kosho win, Peach joins them in the final fight! But if they lose, Shoyu gains another minion…
VAULT BOY (FALLOUT)
CAPTURE THE FLAG
What do you want? It’s Capture the Flag! Grab the flag, run, AND DON’T GET CAUGHT! If Shio & Kosho secure Shoyu and Vault Boy’s flag, Vault Boy will join their side for the end fight. If Shoyu and Vault Boy capture the girls’ flag, Vault Boy will remain on Shoyu’s team.
LINK (LEGEND OF ZELDA)
RAMEN EATING CONTEST
If you’ve played Breath of the Wild, Link develops a MASSIVE appetite! And you’re going to have to match it for a chance to win!! Fight for Shio & Kosho, and if you can eat more than Link, he’ll swear fealty to the congirls! If not, he’ll be seduced to the dark lord Shoyu’s side.
THE FINAL FIGHT
This is not a fight you want to miss! Sunday afternoon at Closing Ceremonies, Shio, Kosho, Shoyu, and the rest will throw down in a 3-Stock match in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! The teams will be decided based on how you did in the Event Challenges– Will it be an even fight, or will it be a one-sided massacre?
The fate of Kami-Con rests in your hands! … Again.
(This happens a lot, doesn’t it?)
AMVs. Anime Music Videos. You take some anime, smoosh it with some music, boom. You’ve got a video. An ANIME MUSIC VIDEO!
And we’ve got a contest for doing that. Isn’t the world crazy? Here’s the rules.
All AMVs must be received by Sunday, February 10th, 2019 at 11:59pm CST
AMVs may not exceed 3 minutes and 45 seconds in length.
AMVs must be kept at a maximum of PG-13. This means no nudity, excessively foul language, or excess gore.
The animation in your AMV can be from any source: Japanese Anime, American Cartoons, Video Games, Web Videos, 3D or 2D, etc. Videos that are primarily live action will not be accepted.
- VIDEO QUALITY / FORMAT
– Video resolution should be no less than standard definition (640×480), though higher resolution (1920×1080) is preferred.
– Please render your AMV in MP4 format. If you submit a video in any other format, it will be converted to MP4. If we cannot convert it to MP4, it may not be shown.
- CREDITS / BUMPERS
Please remove any credits before or after the AMV. AMVs with pre-video bumpers or post-video credits will have them removed or may not be shown.
You must have created the AMV you are submitting. The AMV Contest is a show of your skill, not a showcase of someone else’s AMVs.
JUDGING / AWARDS
- AMVs will be judged by the audience via text or ballot voting for a winner in each category.
- Each category winner will receive a Kami-Con Season 11 AMV Contest TROPHY!
- You MUST be present at the end of the AMV Contest to claim your award.
- A bonus Judge’s Pick trophy will be awarded as well! This is just the AMV the judges liked best.
- HOW MANY AMVs CAN I SUBMIT?
You may enter one AMV per category, meaning you can submit up to a total of five AMVs, provided they are in separate categories.
- AMV COMPLETION DATE
Your AMV’s completion date must be no older than 2 years from the AMV Contest deadline. If the deadline is Feb. 10, 2019, then your AMV’s completion date should be no older than Feb. 10, 2017.
- CUTTING FOR TIME
The AMV Contest is a 2-hour event, which includes voting and awards. As such, not all AMVs received have time to be shown. A panel of judges decides which AMVs will be shown at the contest. If your AMV does not make it, please do not be discouraged as it is not necessarily due to quality, but a number of factors including time, variety, and so on. If your AMV was not shown, you can always submit it again next year!
– AMVs that have been shown in previous Kami-Con AMV Contests are not allowed.
– However, AMVs that were submitted to a previous Kami-Con AMV Contest but were not shown are allowed.
If the judges feel your video would be better suited for a different category, it may be reassigned.
All AMVs must be received by Sunday, February 10th, 2019 at 11:59pm CST
AMVs that get our blood pumping. Running, gunning, and explosions, baby!
AMVs that make us laugh! This category can include AMVs set to funny songs, vines, comedian standup, whatever!
These AMVs are intense and keep us on the edge of our seats. If you really want us to feel, your AMV goes here!
The AMVs that melt our hearts and celebrate the relationships between our favorite anime characters.
AMVs that are just fun or don’t seem to belong anywhere else. A dance AMV would be a good example!
AMVs set to movie, anime, or videogame trailers are now submitted to the category that best represents the AMV. An AMV set to a Guardians of the Galaxy trailer might go in Comedy, where one set to a The Grudge trailer might go in Drama. This still counts as your one submission for that category.
SUBMISSION FORM GUIDELINES
- If you are submitting multiple AMVs, please submit them separately.
- We have provided a space for you to link your AMV (Please use Google Drive or DropBox)
- Do NOT link YouTube videos. We will not download these. Please use an upload site such as the ones listed above.
- If you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to message us at KamiConAMVs@kamicon.net
AMV SUBMISSIONS HAVE CLOSED!
WANT TO HELP YOUR AMV’S CHANCES OF BEING SHOWN?
We get a lot of AMVs and can usually only show 4 or 5 per category. To give yourself the absolute best chance, here are some helpful guidelines:
- Make sure you have good video quality. 1920×1080 source resolution is usually a safe option. (Note: This doesn’t mean stretch a low resolution video to fit. That’ll make it look worse!)
- Try to use source video that doesn’t have subtitles or watermarks (like the “TV Tokyo” or “Funimation” logos in the corner). Covering subtitles or watermarks by Letterboxing can help these problems, if you’re just starting out and have no better options.
- Try to avoid using the opening or closing credits from your source, unless you have raw videos without the credit text.
- Leave off pre-video bumpers or post-video credits. These eat up time and are more likely to get your AMV cut from the line-up!
- More unique AMVs get preference. (A Sasuke/Naruto Waterfall Fight Scene set to Linkin Park won’t be shown. It just won’t be.)